It’s that time again! There are hundreds of missed school days every year because of germs and sicknesses that could’ve been avoided. Here are some simple tips to help keep your kids a little bit cleaner and healthier every day.
- Use a disinfectant wipe on high-touch points every day when your child comes home from school. You can do this right when they’re taking everything out of their backpack to do their homework. Wipe down zipper and straps of their backpack, binders, pencils and other items they are using all day.
- Give your child hand sanitizer for their backpack and also have extra bottles of it everywhere you can. Encourage the use at all times possible.
- Teach your child to cough or sneeze into the crook of their arm if they don’t have a tissue available. This way the germs are not “caught” in their hands and spread to surfaces and other children by their hands. Make sure you explain to them how important it is not to spread germs and diseases.
- Teach your child to keep their hands away from their face and mouth. Hands are too often carrying germs. Eyes, nose, and mouth are the entry points for germs to get into our body and make us sick.
- Remind your child not to share water bottles or chapstick with other children. Anything that goes in your mouth shouldn’t be shared.
Above all else, just remember the most important way to keep your child healthy is a balanced diet, exercise and sleep. These are by far the most important things in a child’s life. Also, a daily multivitamin! 😊